Wednesday 26 May 2010

Five Minutes of Fame?

Last weekend I braved the cold and the rain to make a quick trip to Knebworth Garden Show. It was very quiet but I must say there were some lovely plants there. I didn’t intend to stay long but a lone stall caught my eye and I wandered over to take a look.

I loved the idea of this company http://www.dinnerpartyallotments.co.uk/ and thought perhaps we could exchange links from our respective websites so I proffered my business card.

“Are you Garden Divas?” he said. “Yes that’s me” I said. “My wife would love to meet you – don’t go away” he said and disappeared. Was there really someone out there who was desperate to meet me or had he made a mistake? I waited and was introduced to Jet who made me feel that I had truly arrived on the garden scene – yes she did love my website, my business, my blog etc and seemed really chuffed to chat to me. Well it made me feel good – it’s always nice to get a bit of feedback and, I suppose that is the disadvantage of running an online company – you don’t get to speak with many of your customers (or admirers!)
Jet’s business is inspirational – encouraging children and families to grow and cook together so please do take a look at her website or go and chat to her at Chelsea Flower Show (25th – 29th May2010) where she is exhibiting.

In the meantime if you would like to get growing but have limited space why not start off with The Sticklebag and grow a few tomatoes - you should be able to grow plenty to make your own fresh tomato sauce – perfect with pasta anytime.

And finally those of you who live locally in Hertfordshire where Garden Divas is based may now spot our company car – it’s cute.

If you do just toot or give me a wave – it will make my day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment